Originally developed by Joe Dominguez, the “FI Program” (financialintegrity.org) was first mass-popularized through the bestseller Your Money or Your Life (co-authored with Vicki Robin). FI stands for Financial Intelligence, Financial Integrity, and Financial Independence.
The tool itself consists of 9 awareness steps applied to one’s personal relationship with money.
The results are NO LESS than transformational – and this is no hyperbole.
Thousands of people, having applied the program, report:
- reduced stress around money
- feeling more empowered in relation to money
- greater clarity with money
- getting out of debt faster than they thought possible
- living within their means and creating savings when before it seemed impossible
- reconnection with greater meaning and purpose in life and work
- time freed up for things that are important (whether family, community, service, etc.)
Our experience with Financial Integrity
Alan Seid offers engaging presentations on “The FI Program”: an integrated approach to money, life, work, and consumption, which results in increased quality of life, greater integrity, lowered debt, and decreased fear and anxiety in relation to money. If you answer “No” to even one of the following questions, this information is for you:
- Do you have enough money? Will you ever?
- Are you spending enough time with your family and friends?
- Do you have time to participate in things you believe are worthwhile?
- Are you making a living or making a dying?
- If you lost your job tomorrow, would your world fall apart — or finally make sense?
- Are you satisfied with the contribution you have made to the world?
- Are you at peace with money?
- Does your job reflect your values?
- Do you have enough savings to see you through six months of normal living expenses?
- Is your life whole? Do all the pieces — your job, your expenditures, your relationships, your values — fit together?
In his presentations, Alan covers the true value of money, the relationship between money and fulfillment, the relationship between money and the Earth, three questions that can change your life, and a path to financial self-sufficiency earlier than traditional retirement age.
Alan Seid has been implementing the Financial Integrity (FI) Program since 1992, with transformative as well as measurable results. He has been giving talks and workshops on the FI Program since 1994, when he became a member of the New Road Map Foundation’s Speakers Bureau. He has been a guest lecturer at the University of Washington Business School, Antioch Seattle, and the Fairhaven College Sustainable Communities Conference, among others. Formerly Board President of the New Road Map Foundation, Alan also runs Cascadia Training & Mediation (CTM), which is devoted to tools, practices, and processes that help us integrate body, heart, mind, and spirit, within ourselves, with each other, and in relation to the natural world.